I’ve been quiet about WirePlumber for a significant amount of time. It was back in 2022 when after a series of issues were found in its design, I made the call to rework some of its fundamentals in order to allow it to grow. I mentioned this in the Collabora blog at the time. And long story short, the year now is 2024 (time flies, who knew?!).
A couple of weeks ago, back in October, the nice people of Automotive Grade Linux asked me if it would be possible to add some “bass” and “treble” controls on the audio output of the AGL In-Vehicle Infotainment demo image, using PipeWire. I knew, of course, that it’s perfectly doable using filters and I knew that PipeWire ships with the filter-chain module, which can do wonders in that regard. But what I didn’t know was how to configure it exactly for this particular job. To figure this out, I embarked on my first ChatGPT coding adventure…
PipeWire 1.0 was released last week. This is a major milestone in a long journey that I had the opportunity to be a part of and I am grateful for it.
After many years of not posting anything on my previous blog, I’ve decided to start a new one.